Personal guide, advocate, educator, friend —The BreastCare Center’s clinical navigator embraces all of these roles and more. As a registered nurse, our clinical navigator can answer questions you may have about your exam or diagnosis. She’s an expert at identifying and tapping resources to support and assist BreastCare Center patients and their families. Our clinical navigator also:
- Coordinates timely movement through all phases of care — prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment and supportive care.
- Alleviates anxieties by helping each person navigate the complex healthcare system.
- Ensures women with a suspected or confirmed breast cancer diagnosis receive timely, respectful and compassionate consultations.
- Provides an education/navigation binder that includes all of the patient’s medical records, test results, educational materials, contact information and other documents.
- Counsels children and spouses of patients diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Ensures stressful and time-consuming administrative tasks – including insurance issues – are properly managed.
- Coordinates translation services.
- Connects people with local and national resources.