Two important medical specialties come together at Dignity Health Yavapai Regional Medical Group Neurosurgical Medicine and Physiatry. Skilled specialists provide diagnostic services, innovative therapies, minimally invasive procedures and advanced surgical solutions in these companion specialties:
- Neurosurgical medicine – Yavapai Regional’s neurosurgical team diagnoses and treats disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. Our highly skilled neurosurgical team also provides state-of-the-art treatment for spine-related injuries, illnesses and degenerative diseases.
- Physiatry – Yavapai Regional’s experienced physical medicine and rehabilitation team identifies the cause of pain as well as how it affects the brain, bones, joints, muscles, nerves and spinal cord. Their holistic treatment approach combines non-surgical and conservative therapies that improve mobility, function and quality of life.
Neurosurgical Medicine services
The Neurosurgical Medicine team provides individualized surgical solutions or non-surgical procedures to treat:
- Spinal diseases
- Spinal pain
- Spinal disorders
- Neck pain
- Low back pain
- Brain and spinal tumors
The following healing therapies are provided by the Yavapai Regional Physiatry team:
- Ultrasound and fluoroscopic guided injections for the spine
- Ultrasound guided injections for the joints and tendons
- Regenerative prolotherapy for joint and muscle pain
- Myofascial pain and neuropathy/neuralgia treatments
- Nerve blocks and nerve testing with electromyography (EMG)
- Serial casting, splinting and bracing to gradually improve range of motion
- Botox treatments for chronic migraines, post-stroke spasticity and cervical dystonia
- Physical therapy or occupational therapy in partnership with Physical Rehabilitation Services at Yavapai Regional Medical Center
Accomplished physician specialists as well as highly skilled nurses and advanced clinical practitioners comprise the Yavapai Regional Medical Group Neurosurgical Medicine and Physiatry team.
Sam Safavi-Abbasi, MD, PhD
Board certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Fellow, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Bradley Benson, DO
Physiatry/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
To schedule an appointment with Yavapai Regional Medical Group's Neurosurgical Medicine and Physiatry, call (928) 445-4818.
1001 Willow Creek Road
Prescott, Arizona 86301
Neurosurgical Medicine and Physiatry brochure