Now accepting requests for sponsorship of events/programs that occur between July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024 only. Please use FY24 sponsorship request application.
Download Sponsorship Request Application: FY2024
Request for Sponsorship or Donation
Dignity Health in Arizona is committed to supporting charitable events that align with our mission, vision and values and are restricted to a community benefit purpose as outlined by the IRS Form 990 Schedule H guidelines.
Community Benefit is defined as addressing a demonstrated community need and meets a community benefit objective:
Access to Healthcare: Financial Security
Health care education and prevention including immunizations
Nutrition: Food Insecurity, Exercise
Shortage of medical professionals specifically primary care physicians
Some contributions may be considered community building, and examples are outlined below. Charitable contributions that count towards community building as well as sponsorships/donations to arts/cultural organizations or events where community benefit restrictions are not outlined will be given less weight when funding decisions are made.
- Physical improvement
- Economic Development
- Community support
- Environmental improvements
- Leadership development/training for community members
- Coalition building
- Community health improvement advocacy
- Workforce development
We receive many requests for financial sponsorships. While supportive in spirit of all approaches that encourage positive community improvements, we are limited in providing financial support to projects we view as most closely aligned with our core mission, values and addressing one of the community benefit objectives above.
The Dignity Health Arizona Service Area Facilities include:
- Arizona General Hospital
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Dignity Health Medical Group
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center
- Yavapai Regional Medical Center
As CommonSpirit Health, we make the healing presence of God known in our world by improving the health of the people we serve, especially those who are vulnerable, while we advance social justice for all.
A healthier future for all – inspired by faith, driven by innovation, and powered by our humanity.
- Care with listening, empathy and love.
- Accompany and comfort those in need of healing.
- Celebrate each person’s gifts and voice.
- Respect the dignity of all.
- Inspire trust through honesty.
- Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity.
- Serve with fullest passion, creativity and stewarship.
- Exceed expectations of others and ourselves.
- Commit to the power of working together.
- Build and nurture meaningful relationships.
In accordance with IRS Form 990-Schedule H guidelines, sponsorship/donations are given from the hospital’s operating budget to non-profit organizations. The sponsorship oversight committee shall approve or decline each application based on compliance with guidelines and other strategic connections.
- Programs and services should focus on providing activities or services that address one or more identified community health need and seek to provide measurable improvement in health status, access, or use of healthcare resources. The connection between health needs and the activity or service must be clearly stated on the application. Organizations that address one or more of our identified community health needs will be given greater consideration. Those identified community health needs are:
- Access to Healthcare: Financial Security
- Behavioral/Mental Health/Suicide
- Health care education and prevention including immunizations
- Nutrition: Food Insecurity, Exercise
- Shortage of medical professionals specifically primary care physicians
- Substance Abuse/Addiction
- Only 501(c) 3 organizations and public entities are eligible to apply.
- Geographic area: services supplied by requesting organizations should be available to citizens within Arizona. Organizations are advised to submit applications focused on projects, programs and activities supported by funds raised—and provided—in Arizona. An explanation of how funds will be used must be included.
- The following types of requests may be made under this application: donations, community event participation or other in-kind contributions.
- Applications must demonstrate a commitment to provide services regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.
- To avoid duplication, requests from national organizations should be coordinated between the regional and county affiliated offices within Arizona.
- Please submit as many requests for one organization at the same time so we can best determine the event/program that fits our mission.
- All sponsorship applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event in order to be eligible for funding.
We DO NOT Fund or Sponsor:
- Partisan political groups/activities/campaigns, endowments, memorials, individuals, or tours
- Requests from individuals or for-profit companies
- Programs that are inconsistent with our core values
- Out of area organizations or most entertainment events
- School or club sports or academic teams or activities including band, cheer, conferences, dance, field trips, tournaments, etc.
Sponsorship Request Application
- All requests must be made by completing this form and attaching your flyer, brochure, or sponsorship packages as well as your W-9.
- Requests must be made at least three months prior to the date needed.
- All requests are reviewed by the sponsorship oversight committee. The committee determines whether Dignity Health will sponsor your organization. Every applicant will receive email notification of the outcome of the request.
- Successful applications will receive payment within 4-6 weeks of receiving the documentation needed to process payment.
- Send request application to:
- Dignity Health
Attn: Julie Graham
1750 E. Northrop Blvd, Suite 200
Chandler, AZ 85286
* Please note that while all sponsorships are considered and all are worthy, those which align with our mission and health priorities in the communities we serve will be given greater consideration.