Important Note: Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center has a dedicated phone line for information about COVID vaccination, COVID monoclonal antibody and antiviral treatment, and COVID testing with a physician order. Please call (928) 708-4556 to speak to someone on each of these topics.
COVID Monoclonal Antibody Treatment at YRMC
Outpatient treatment options available to patients with acute mild to moderate COVID illness at high risk for severe disease currently include:
- Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) or Molnupiravir oral antivirals.
- Paxlovid is the preferred option for patients 12 and over with 1 or more risk factor for severe COVID unless the patient has a contraindication to Paxlovid.
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Use MAB therapy in patients at high risk who cannot receive (or obtain) Paxlovid. MAB therapy drugs have been interchanged with different variants of COVID in circulation and will automatically be updated by YRMC to the current recommended agent.
What are the criteria for YRMC COVID MAB therapy (currently Bebtelovimab)?
- Must be 18 years of age or older; and
- A positive test result for SARS CoV-2 viral testing (COVID-19); and
- Must have mild to moderate symptoms for 10 days or less; and
- No new or increased oxygen requirement; and
- Must have either a one or more risk factors for severe COVID.
Who cannot receive COVID MAB therapy?
- Anyone still waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
- Anyone who has received a negative COVID-19 test result.
- People with symptoms for more than 10 days.
- New or increased oxygen requirement, hospitalized patients.
- People without an underlying health condition (your doctor can help you determine if you do or don’t have risk factors).
How do I schedule an appointment for COVID MAB therapy?
Call your doctor as soon as possible if you are sick and believe you qualify.
- An order must be sent by your physician to the Infusion Center at Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center.
- A representative from YRMC will call you to schedule your appointment once the physician order has been received.