As a locally owned, locally operated, not-for-profit healthcare provider, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
relies on patient revenue and community support for its funding. No property taxes have ever
been levied to pay for programs, capital improvements or expansion projects. If there is revenue
left over after YRMC's expenses are paid, this money is reinvested in YRMC to improve
patient care and services, to reduce debt and to fund future needs.
Sometimes we might take it for granted, but a large part of the quality of life we enjoy has to do with the health of our community. That’s where YRMC comes in.
Did you know ... In 2019:
- Our talented team at the Family Birthing Center welcomed 1,031 babies into the world.
- YRMC’s healthcare team – physicians, nurses and other medical professionals – cared for 11,737 inpatients in 2019.
- YRMC’s Emergency Departments in Prescott and Prescott Valley cared for 70,016 patients - approximately 1,346 each week.
- Our clinical laboratory experts completed 327,198 inpatient studies and 430,542 outpatient studies in 2019.
- Our dedicated Medical Imaging team performed 22,364 inpatient studies, 80,588 outpatient studies and 66,343 imaging studies in the Emergency Department in 2019.
- The highly skilled team at YRMC's Cardiopulmonary Laboratory conducted 7,249 examinations to identify and treat acute or chronic problems of the heart and lungs.
- The James Family Heart Center continued to build upon its reputation for excellence by performing 260 open heart and thoracic (chest) surgeries, 517 electrophysiology procedures, 1,139 cardiac catheterization procedures, 860 interventional radiology procedures and 2,403 interventional cardiology procedures in 2019.
- YRMC’s Diabetes Education team helped 796 people with diabetes better manage their health to prevent hospitalization.
- Our Family Resource Center in Prescott Valley helped 1,010 moms and dads provide better care to their newborns through the First Steps program. In addition, 102 families received ongoing support and home visits through the nationally accredited Healthy Families Program.
- Our Respiratory Wellness team helped 146 people breathe easier through free respiratory wellness programs. This dedicated team also reached 10 people through smoking cessation programs.
- Our compassionate team of professional therapists performed 159,761 procedures through our comprehensive Physical Rehabilitation program.
- In 2019, 712 dedicated volunteers contributed 104,618 hours of service, breaking the 100,000-hour mark for the thirteenth consecutive year.
- Members of the YRMC staff volunteered 260 hours of their time in support of YRMC’s Speakers Bureau to provide health education to over 2,133 people.
- Our Partners for Healthy Students team provided vital healthcare to 1,045 children from underinsured and uninsured homes.
- YRMC helped prepare 230 new moms and dads for delivery through its Childbirth Education and Breastfeeding Works program.
- And our Nutrition Services team prepared 240 free hot meals for women and children receiving help through the Prescott Area Women’s Shelter.