As a locally owned, locally operated, not-for-profit healthcare provider, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
relies on patient revenue and community support for its funding. No property taxes have ever
been levied to pay for programs, capital improvements or expansion projects. If there is revenue
left over after YRMC's expenses are paid, this money is reinvested in YRMC to improve
patient care and services, to reduce debt and to fund future needs.
Sometimes we might take it for granted, but a large part of the quality of life we enjoy has to do with the health of our community. That’s where YRMC comes in.
Did you know ... In 2018:
- Yavapai Regional Medical Center celebrated 75 years of service to the communities we serve.
- Our talented team at the Family Birthing Center welcomed 993 babies into the world.
- YRMC’s healthcare team – physicians, nurses and other medical professionals – cared for 11,513 inpatients in 2018.
- YRMC’s Emergency Departments in Prescott and Prescott Valley cared for 69,614 patients - approximately 1,339 each week.
- Our clinical laboratory experts completed 318,535 inpatient studies and 407,428 outpatient studies in 2018.
- Our dedicated Medical Imaging team performed 21,616 inpatient studies, 88,026 outpatient studies and 63,910 imaging studies in the Emergency Department in 2018.
- The highly skilled team at YRMC's Cardiopulmonary Laboratory conducted 36,887 examinations to identify and treat acute or chronic problems of the heart and lungs.
- The James Family Heart Center continued to build upon its reputation for excellence by performing 211 open heart and thoracic (chest) surgeries, 491 electrophysiology procedures, 1,174 cardiac catheterization procedures, 279 interventional radiology procedures and 560 interventional cardiology procedures in 2018.
- YRMC’s Diabetes Education team helped 571 people with diabetes better manage their health to prevent hospitalization.
- Our Family Resource Center in Prescott Valley helped 951 moms and dads provide better care to their newborns through the First Steps program. In addition, 76 families received ongoing support and home visits through the nationally accredited Healthy Families Program.
- Our Respiratory Wellness team helped 195 people breathe easier through free respiratory wellness programs. This dedicated team also reached 24 people through smoking cessation programs.
- Our compassionate team of professional therapists performed 157,880 procedures through our comprehensive Physical Rehabilitation program.
- In 2018, 710 dedicated volunteers contributed 112,132 hours of service, breaking the 100,000-hour mark for the twelfth consecutive year.
- Members of the YRMC staff volunteered 174 hours of their time in support of YRMC’s Speakers Bureau to provide health education to over 2,720 people.
- Our Partners for Healthy Students team provided vital healthcare to 1,094 children from underinsured and uninsured homes.
- YRMC helped prepare 232 new moms and dads for delivery through its Childbirth Education and Breastfeeding Works program.
- And our Nutrition Services team prepared 480 free hot meals for women and children receiving help through the Prescott Area Women’s Shelter.